Friday, January 30, 2009

Alcohol Ink...

It's been a while but I'm back, I've been giving my "365" blog far more attention! I love alcohol ink and I have about 27 bottles. I haven't used it much but I found a couple of cool things to do so I thought I would share...

I have a ton of Heidi Swapp's "Ghost" shapes and letters. Although my son is 17 months old, I'm still lacking in "boy" scrapbooking products. I decided to ink a clear star and I love the way it came out! I chose a blue, a green and an orange color ink and dabbed each color on one at a time. It still looked transparent so to give it a more opaque look, I added a bit of white acrylic paint on the back. I found another interesting use as well. I'm working on a birthday card with a small, slide mount shadowbox. I wanted to add two very small rub-on butterflies. I transfered the rub-on to a transparency but then of course they were difficult to see. Using Tsukineko "fantastix", I painted on a tiny bit of gold alcohol ink...it gave it the pop it needed. I also colored in a dress rub-on. You can really see the difference between keeping it plain and using the ink!

No comments: