Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun with Blocks!

I know I don't post here enough...I guess I'm not sure if anyone is reading! Well, I was waiting to post photos of my new and improved scrap room. Unfortunately, there has been a set back in the form of a double ear infection! Liam is sick so my room remains in shambles. If nothing else, it will have wait until the weekend. In the meantime, I can share a little project I made....
My friend Tracy has an amazing little boy named Eamon. (I dedicated one of my "365" posts to him Day 34). Eamon celebrated his second birthday and I decided to make him a gift. A while back I purchased some small, square, wooden blocks (they are sold at Oriental Trading Co.) and I finally decided what I would do with them!


Side1: Photos of Tracy's three kids
Side2: Phrases as well as a Happy Birthday wish and the date of his birthday
Side3: Quotes...a couple are my favorite and a few are Tracy's favorite
Side4: EAMON spelled out in chipboard
Side5: Various words such as "Love", "Hope" and "Faith"
Side6: Different textures such as fuzzy, rough, soft, etc.

I know this isn't a toy but I really wanted to give him something from the heart....and it was so much fun to make! :)

6 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is adorable, and what an amazing gift! It's BETTER than a toy!

Kristi said...

That is a lovely gift - and will last much longer than a "usual" toy. Kudos!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi Jodi! I tagged you! Play along only if you want to! Check out my blog!! Have a great day!

Angela said...

What a cute project!!!!!

Barclay 5 said...

Thanks Jod1!

I just love these blocks, and you! I am constantly amazed by the love poured out on Eamon. Your gift was so thought-out and personal. They are still on my mantel so I can show them off to anyone who comes over. I took a picture to post on my blog, eventually. You are the best, and talented, did I say talented. Your friendship is such a gift.
XO

Superhero Mom said...

Hi Jodi, my name is Lisa...I'm a friend of Tracy's from NJ (now living in FL) I noticed your blog response to her recent blog and came to check out your site. I'm understanding now that you are the Jodi that organized the facebook "Ears for Eamon". I just wanted to say what a blessing you are...those blocks made me get all teary. I know how much joy that gift, and your friendship, must bring to Tracy and David. Just wanted to stop by and say thank you.