Saturday, February 21, 2009

Working on projects...

I started cleaning my scrap room last week...it's a daunting task. I was actually making a dent when my daughter wanted lunch...and my son...and then diaper changes...turning on movies...the dog needed to go out...then it was 5pm. Needless to say, it's been a week and the dent remained a dent...and here I sit hoping to get something done this weekend. Something good came out of my half cleaned room however. I was able to look at what I had and finally decide to finish MANY of the projects I have started. I FINALLY got my Flip Flop done which is such a load off of my mind (I will post photos tomorrow). Now I have to work on my unfinished CKC projects (I finally finished one, there is a photo on day 51 of my Project 365) and the MANY kits I have. Back in December of 2006 Lisa Bearson had a great kit on QVC. It was a "Year In Review" with four scrapbooks, each one delivered at a different time of year. I finally got those books together and it took longer than I thought! I still have to add the photos but just finishing something felt like an accomplishment. As I was patting myself on the back my daughter wondered in asking what I was doing. I showed her the books and all she could say was..."Mom, KITS?? You never use kits...will you still make it your own"? Yes, my 7 year old knows me so well! It's difficult for me to give myself over to the kit BUT I've learned that if I do in fact "make it my own" in some ways, the kit can be an amazing thing!

No comments: