Thursday, January 15, 2009

This is why I scrap

You never know what the day is going to bring. This morning while heading to school we were slipping and sliding on the road. As I turned the corner there were two cars and honestly, this was an accident about to happen. I gently hit the break and headed right back home. There was no way I was risking the lives of my children...or their mom. It just wasn't worth it. We hung out at home, warm, safe and sound. At about 3ish I was listening to the radio and they mentioned that a plane had crashed into the Hudson River. My first thought was that it must be a tiny plane right? It wasn't. It was a commercial plane with over 150 passengers!! I could not believe my eyes when I saw a GIANT plane in the water. (I found this photo on Yahoo). Amazingly enough they are reporting (as of 7pm EST) that all of the passengers, including an infant, survived. UNBELIEVABLE!!

When those passengers got up this morning, they had NO IDEA that they would go down in a plane. They were lucky. When I got up this morning I had no idea I would slip uncontrollably on the ice and almost crash my car. I was lucky. You just never know what will happen. Each day really is a gift and we have to appreciate what we have (I KNOW that's not always easy). This is why preserving memories is so important to me! I want my kids to take the journey of their childhood through my books and projects. I want them to see who they were and what they were doing. I want them to see how much they were loved, not only through my words and actions but through my photos and journaling. It's so important that I do this because you just never know what the day will bring .

2 comments:

Denise said...

I saw that on the news last night! It was amazing, and a miracle from God that they all survived! I enjoyed reading your blog. Isn't it fun to do the Project 365?!

Scrapronicity said...

Hi Denise-I'm having a great time with Project 365 too! It really was an incredible story and it's AMAZING that everyone survived!!