Sunday, January 4, 2009

Project 365

Becky Higgins (a biggie in the industry) had this idea. Take a photo a day with a bit of journaling for an entire year. Just a photo and a journaling block and that's it. She even put together a kit that went on sale Jan. 1st. As usual, it sold out in about 2.2 seconds! (I thought I purchased one but it looks like I was stuck in the evil CK ordering vortex. They need a system that doesn't crash). So, although I probably will not get the sold out kit, I am completely intrigued by the concept. For some reason, this doesn't make me sweat like the Stacy Julian method (see my post below)! I admit, it seemed like a daunting task at first but how bad can it be...and won't it be worth it? The beauty here is it doesn't necessarily have to contain just photos of your family, etc. You can use a concert ticket stub or take a picture of an object. For example, my brother and SIL took me by surprise yesterday and dropped off some paella they had made. It was such a great gesture since they know I LOVE paella and they don't live around the corner. Ah...day 3...surprise paella in a plastic container!

I will start my own "Project 365" using the concepts explained in the kit. Here is a link so you can understand the idea... Project 365. When I begin to make my own kit I'll post photos. In the meantime I'm taking the pics and jotting down my daily journaling in a notebook.

This really isn't as scary as it seems, in fact it will most likely take minutes to accomplish. I hope to get some people to join me...I would love to know what YOU are doing with it! I'm really looking forward to this long and interesting scrap book journey. :)

1 comment:

Barclay 5 said...

Hi my fun, creative, scrap-loving friend!

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I still haven't a clue, but you will do GREAT here, and will soon have way many "dork-like" friends/followers.

I, too, am interested in Project 365 - well, I guess it would be Project 359 for me. I need to figure a way to incorporate it into my blog.

Anyway, love hearing your voice through computer keys.

Pictures of Eamon will post later, prob tonight.

Love to you,
Trcay xo