Friday, January 15, 2010

Perspective.

I've been rather out of sorts lately, there is too much going on that I can't control and it's driving me a bit insane. This is one of those times where I have to step back and really put things into perspective. After watching the news all week I know that no matter how challenging life is right now, I have so much to be thankful for. My thoughts go out to those that live in Haiti or have friends there. My heart breaks for them. No matter what this week brings for me I need to hold on to the good things and try not to sweat the small stuff. :)

Creating something...anything...always cheers me up. A few days ago, I needed some "comfort food" and for me that's matzo ball soup!

There was no school on Monday which leads to a stress free Sunday night. This photo is sweet. Liam was actually sleeping while Emily was totally faking it but it still made for an adorable moment!

The Fios guy was here ALL DAY yesterday as I proudly dumped Cablevision on it's tush. I knew the guy would need access to my office (main computer) as well as my laundry room (phone lines) ...but both rooms were embarrassingly messy. I spent over a week, day and night trying to organize my home. I was grumpy every step of the way until I finally put it in perspective. In the end I'll not only have my Food Network back (thanks Fios) but I'll also have a CLEAN HOUSE! Because of this, today I actually feel a bit better, calmer and triumphant because everything, at least for today, has fallen into place. :)

No comments: