Monday, January 11, 2010

Calm.

I'm trying to soak in my new word for 2010...I'm trying to feel it. I think I need to give it more time because I find it difficult to embrace "calm". That said, there is one way to feel calmer and that's with a clean house. No, I don't have a dirty house, but I do have a lot of "stuff." My garage is embarrassing but one of those places that no one sees...so I put that area on the cleaning back burner. Then there is the office and the laundry room. The laundry room is quite scary but again, it's a place that no one sees...or at least it's usually that place. Since I decided to dump Cablevision on it's...tush...I have Fios coming in on Monday. That's the good news. The bad news is they will have to get into the phone lines, which oddly reside in the laundry room. In addition, they have to get to our main computer which of course is in the office. So, I have less than a week for a major clean up. I hate being in a time crunch for anything but it WILL be nice to have these rooms under control. I'm starting with my office (and the large pile on the floor) then moving downstairs. At least by Monday evening I'll have an organized home AND the Food Network! Ah, I'm feeling calmer already...

I should add...although my "project" this week is cleaning, I did make a blueberry crumb cake last night...from scratch! Thanks for the recipe Martha Stewart. YUM!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay for crumb cake!

And I think that baking is a total stress-reducer, which may be why I am finding myself in the kitchen more and more often. :)

Sigh...no cable for me at all. Which is actually fine most days, except PR start tonight. *sniff*