Thursday, January 7, 2010

My latest project...

...has been for my Brownie troop. Today we'll start to decorate recipe books so the girls can earn a "Try-It." Instead of starting from scratch (as I always do), I found some adorable little scrapbooks at the "dollar spot" in Target. The book has a little window that I wanted to fill but the stamp I have is too big...so I found a solution...

I scanned in the stamp, re sized it and added the troop number using my graphics program. I printed several out on glossy photo paper, punched them out and added rhinestones...and there you have it! Today each girl will decorate their "title page" and a recipe page. In the end each girl will have a copy of fifteen recipes which I'll add to their books.
After my Brownie meeting, I'm actually going scrapping for a few hours (if I can stay awake). I haven't decided what project to work on, although it probably doesn't matter, I never get anything done anyway!
Happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Are you kidding me . . . this is so stinkin' cute! What a fantastic idea! That stamp is perfect! I would NEVER have thought to scan it in and manipulate it to make it work! Great job! What a lucky Brownie troop!

Kristi said...

That is AWESOME! I have to figure out about FIVE projects for my Cub Scouts to build - and they cannot be wood projects. I somehow think they will not be interested in scrapping, darnit! :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi Jodi!! I posted a thank you to you on my blog!! :)

Mellie said...

This is a really neat idea! Your blog is just full of inspiration and creativity!