Sunday, May 2, 2010

Soup Sunday

I love soup. I don't care if it's the dead of winter or the hottest day in the summer, I'll crank up the AC and sip some soup. I realized that for the past couple of months, I've been making soup on Sundays...today was no exception! Matzo ball soup once again but I decided to kick it up with some not-so-traditional veggies like string beans and broccoli. It's about 87 degrees today but you know what I'll be having for dinner! YUM!
26 days of creativity...day 2
Today I was working on a new book for Liam. My friend Marilyn put together an amazing scrapbook for her daughter that will help her learn the alphabet. They will choose a letter a day/week and focus on that letter with great paper and photos! For example, if I start with the letter "A," maybe I'll take a photo of Liam eating an "apple." That goes right on the "A" page! I love the idea because Liam LOVES pictures and has this strange obsession with the alphabet. I purchased a scrap line by K & Company called "Actopus to Zelephant" and it's ADORABLE! It comes with coordinating elements including stickers, chipboard pieces and some great flash cards. Today I loaded up my scrapbook with the paper I'll be using and began the title page.


Tonight I plan on working on the third (and final) book to give to my Mom for Mother's Day. This is from CKC 2007. It's a much smaller book. which is good because I didn't take too many photos that year! I have to admit, I didn't like many of my classes that summer but I chose this book because the theme was actually "scrapbooking." The colors are great and although it's a simple book, I know I can fancy it up a bit. I'll post more when I finish!

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That alphabet idea is FABULOUS!! I love it! I love soup too! ;)