Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shirt Pillow!

Creativity...day 7
I finally finished the third book for my Mom. Not the best, not the worst...I think she'll love it no matter what. :)


...day 8
I felt like concentrating on my birthday book today. I didn't get much done but
it's a start. It's another Button Farm kit which means it will look great but take a long time to put together!

...day 9

Mother's Day. Today I did about 6 loads of laundry, cleaned Emily's room, then my room, then Liam's room. It was such a busy day in the house (so much to do) but I did promise Em I would make her a "shirt pillow." She has a really soft Hello Kitty peace shirt that she loves but it's too small. So, I just sewed the shirt together, stuffed it and voila...a new pillow!

...day 10
I did NOTHING creative today unless you count downloading photos from a school field trip! I went to the Museum of Natural History with Emily's class and came home EXHAUSTED. :( Wait! I also ordered some fabric for the class quilt we are making for her teacher. I know nothing about quilting so luckily I have some help. I did have to take photos of the kids, I'll have to print them on fabric, buy all of the supplies and figure out how to organize everything. I was also trying to come up with something a bit different since the quilts are done each year. I think I came up with something good and right up her teachers ally. Here is a tiny preview of the fabric...I went colorful since it will hang in her classroom. Shhh...don't tell, the theme is a secret!

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love the shirt pillow! We have so many shirts that cannot be thrown away. I haven't really done anything with them . . . but I should! Love everything you're been working on lately!! :)