Thursday, July 1, 2010

Artist Trading Cards

In my scrappy little world, I've always known about "Artist Trading Cards" or "ATCs."These are little works of art designed on a piece of card stock the size of a playing card (sometimes people trade them...hence the "trading" in the name). Imagine my surprise when Emily came home with a few that she made in art class. I've always loved her art teacher...but THIS made me giddy! She made a few cards and was given a holder so she can continue to make some during the summer. I had a thought. Wouldn't it be fun to make a card for each holiday, with a photo to go with it? I happen to have an ATC holder (doesn't everyone??) and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Now I know and I'm excited! Last year, for no reason at all I made a ATC for St. Patricks Day. This will be the first card for my new project. :)
This weekend, I thought we would work on a few for July 4th. I gathered a bunch of themed card stock and some embellishments...I can't wait to see what we come up with. This is a simple and fun craft that I can work on with both of the kids!

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I do not have an ATC holder! Shocking, isn't it . . . I seem to have everything else!! How cute is this? She made ATCs in an art class! I would hug that lady!! What a great idea for you and Emily to make more of these! After you do all of the major holidays, you can work on the not-so-major holidays!! Have fun!