Thursday, July 23, 2009

Liam's 1st birthday book...DONE!

Just in time for his second birthday. ;) I finished another project and I feel triumphant....such a great feeling! Once I was done, I had a bit of a dilemma. In theory, you hang the album as a banner at the party and then bind it together to make the book. What I didn't take into account were all of the extra pages I added (with embellishments). I just looked at the thing and knew I was in trouble! How does one bind this monster? Ribbon came to mind but I quickly realized that ribbon is too flimsy and it would be difficult to hold the book. I considered a binder but that wouldn't work either. Finally I remembered the GIGANTIC binder rings I had. What exactly does one do with these huge rings? Bind a bulky, triangular birthday book...that's what! ;)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is adorable. I wish you did custom orders :) I would love to have one for my lovebugs 2nd bday party! hint hint hehehe :)

Joy said...

That is SO adorable and a fantastic idea! The binder rings were a great call. When Elizabeth was little, I started saving all the cards she got from my shower all the way through her various birthdays. They each have a hole punch in the top left corner and are on a binder ring as well. I hope she appreciates having all those cards when she's older. Interestingly, I didn't do that for Finn. I guess I figured it might be more sentimental for a girl. :)