Monday, July 27, 2009

WOW...I won!

I won a CK contest this week which is so exciting! I participated in their "CK Camp" last week and entered one of my projects and won. I think Emily is even more excited than I am since she knows she'll be sharing our winnings. :) I'm so grateful to have a mini-scrapper in this house!

So...I started working on my "9-11" project last week. My journaling is done...on note paper that is, I just have to transcribe and encorporate it into the album. I had a "vision" of what I wanted to do for the cover. This is a photo I found seven years ago, I mounted it on cardstock and then sanded the edges a bit. I'll have a piece of cardstock behind it or patterned paper but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do! The title will be "Reflections of 9-11" so the reflection of the buildings seemed so appropriate. I'll post the final project to my Creative Reflections of 9-11 blog. Part 1 is finished with several parts to go....
So here is something funny...last week I ordered something called a "Munny" doll. I saw it on Martha Stewart months ago (when Rosie O'Donnell was on) and it's cute and crafty. I ordered two white ones for myself, a pink for my daughter and a little Munny in a car to design for my son. (they should get here on Wednesday). Ah, the funny part... I'm following Michael Urie's Twitter, he's from Ugly Betty. He posts a photo today from the set, explaining that they are using "cute, creepy, alien baby statues" in the "tube" on the "Mode" set. I open up his photo and not only do I see my favorite little Munny's...I see in the back left, my husband Frank working away! It is out of focus but after 19 years together, I guess you just know someone's head, even from far away! ;) Munny's and Frank. :)

No comments: