Monday, June 15, 2009

Neglected!

This poor, quiet blog! I hope to get on here more this summer and post photos of what I'm working on. I plan to accomplish a lot...but of course I always do. ;)


I started working on a "Great Wolf Lodge" album and only finished the cover. Unfortunately other albums pushed their way through (see below). The paper on the side is actually a photo of the bathroom wallpaper...I thought it was kind of cool and fun. I printed it out on simple, white card stock and will use it through out the book.

Before I could continue with that album, I had to start a project for Emily's teacher and I promised my Mom I would make an album for her best friends 65th birthday. I've known Barbara for years and I wanted to make something special for a party she is having. I added a few family photos as well as many quotes (she loves quotes) and the rest will serve as a "sign in" book for the party. My Mom took photos of each guest (there are 12) and they will sign their page. I also left blank pages in the back for any additional photos. This project only took a few days (which is rare for me) and it was fun to make. I used a Bo Bunny "HAPPY" word album which I sort of trimmed down to fit my Making Memories scrapbook. It's like an album within an album! She likes neutral colors so I used Basic Grey "Urban Couture"...I'm just in love with those papers but I admit, it was difficult to cut into them! That's OK, I ordered more the next day...HA!!



I finished the teachers album the night before the last day of school...talk about getting down to the wire! After I took the photos, I decided to lose the giant green binder rings and replace them with smaller, red rings (it looked so much better) I also have some fiber on the clips in some of the photos. I decided to go without that. I just wasn't in a ribbon mood for this project. I used a pocket album from the "BE" line from Creative Imaginations...the same album I am using for the Great Wolf lodge. Unfortunately, once I got all of the paper and photos in, the album started ripping at the binding. Instead of going into a panic I decided to be creative. I simply detached all of the pages from the binding and made it something a bit different. This is why I needed those binder rings. ;) In the end it was a good decision allowing me to make the book "chunkier" and I didn't have to worry about her breaking the book. :) All-in-all it's a fun little book...nothing complicated like last year. I didn't have many photos this year so I filled up the sliding pockets with a lot of teacher quotes. I didn't go with the school papers this year, I did that for the book last year (Emily has had her teacher for two years). I fell in love with this line from Making Memories and decided to go with this instead.


Now school is over and in theory, I should have more time to scrap. I'm off to work on a small birthday album...more like a giant card really...for my Aunts 60th. I'm going to do another "Happy" album, they always seem to make people smile. :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow you did such a great job on these projects. You're getting me in the mood to finish what the projects I've started a while ago :)

Kristi said...

Projects and plans! I have lots of those for the summer too - but am planning on "future flexibility" so I don't worry about it either. :)